DAWN Center for Independent Living
A nonprofit organization serving people with disabilities in the New Jersey counties of Morris, Sussex, and Warren. We are committed to a consumer-directed approach empowering the people we serve to define their needs and goals. DAWN Center for Independent Living promotes self-direction in order to create, expand, and implement equal-access opportunities by and for people with disabilities.
DAWN Center for Independent Living empowers people with disabilities who strive to take control of their own lives by:
- Providing tools that encourage independence and self-advocacy;
- Promoting public awareness of the rights, needs, and desires of individuals living with disabilities;
- Offering community activities that create new experiences and opportunities;
- Creating informed communities that advance the Independent Living Philosophy.
- Information and Referral: We maintain comprehensive files on the services available to people with disabilities in the community and refer the individual appropriately.
- Peer Support: Opportunities are made available to members through social or educational activities to meet and support other members. Members are encouraged to continue this support outside of the organizational activities.
- Independent Living Skills Training: Educational seminars are offered periodically to members to enhance their knowledge of programs, services, benefits and entitlements that may assist them in their goal of living independently.
- Advocacy: We facilitate opportunities for members to collaborate with other community groups, to advocate for systems change to enhance the lives of persons with disabilities.
- Services available for youth, young adults and adults (see website).
|Eligibility||Serves individuals with all disabilities in Morris, Sussex, and Warren counties.|
Arts & Recreation
Basic Needs / Assistance
Employment / Training
Legal / Advocacy
Behavioral / Mental Health
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 07/18/19