Community Options, Inc.
Community Options’ mission is to develop housing and employment supports for persons with disabilities.
Community Options, Inc. is a nationally based nonprofit (IRS 501(c)(3) certified) organization incorporated in 1989 and headquartered in Princeton, NJ.
Community Options believes in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination. Embracing this philosophy, Community Options provides housing and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Housing Home is a natural setting where we can connect face-to-face with friends and family. Community Options understands the fundamental importance of home as a physical and emotional support, especially for people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities who want to live independently in community settings or with family members. Community Options develops housing and supportive services that are specialized to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities. We buy, build, renovate and furnish the kind of homes that we want for our own families. We promote individualized ownership and empower those we serve to choose the setting that best meets their needs.
- Employment is one of the core services provided by Community Options. We believe that everyone who wants to work should be given the opportunity to do so, no matter the level of their disabilities. We assist people with disabilities in developing a customized work plan and preparing them for individual placement in competitive employment.
- Enterprises, Inc. (COE) was established to develop and operate entrepreneurial businesses that successfully integrate people with disabilities into the workforce. By operating businesses such as a flower shop, copy centers, and shared office facilities, COE confronts the barriers to working in community based settings instead of sheltered training centers or workshops. These businesses are owned and operated by COE in order to enhance job training and employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Real Life Choices provides assistance to families in New Jersey caring for members with developmental disabilities at home, allowing families to remain together for as long as possible and empowering individuals and families to make decisions about their specific needs. The program is designed to provide individuals and their families with greater flexibility in identifying the services they need and want.
- Red Ribbon Academy Red Ribbon Academy’s Medical Day Program provides medical, therapeutic and recreational supports to Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. We offer innovative medical supports that are created to assist with improving the quality of life of the individuals we support. We provide and assign transportation to individuals in accordance with their demographic area.
- STEP is a service of Community Options, Inc., a national nonprofit organization incorporated in 1989 and headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, with offices across several states. Community Options develops housing and employment opportunities for people with disabilities. We believe that all persons, regardless of their level of disability, can and should live and work in the community with dignity, choice and self-determination. We currently operate STEP programs in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
- Meaningful Day, s the first hands-on manual for Direct Support Professionals working in day programs as well as residential services. Meaningful Day is the result of a programmatic vision for persons with significant disabilities who are not part of the supported employment paradigm.
Arts & Recreation
Employment / Training
Behavioral / Mental Health
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 07/25/19