The National Association for the Dually Diagnosed
NADD is a not-for-profit membership association established for professionals, care providers and families to promote understanding of and services for individuals who have developmental disabilities and mental health needs. The mission of NADD is to advance mental wellness for persons with developmental disabilities through the promotion of excellence in mental health care.
NADD is recognized as the world’s leading organization in providing educational services, training materials and conferences. NADD has been influential in the development of appropriate community based policies, programs and opportunities in addressing the mental health needs of persons with ID/D.
“To provide leadership in the expansion of knowledge, training, policy and advocacy for mental health practices that promote a quality life for individuals with dual diagnosis (IDD/MI) in their communities.”
NADD is committed to a seven-fold strategy:
- We encourage the dissemination and exchange of pertinent information.
- We promote educational and training programs.
- We foster the development of appropriate resources and services.
- We advocate for appropriate governmental policies.
- We support research focused on identification, diagnosis and treatment.
- We seek to stimulate public and professional interest.
- We seek to establish a vision of mental wellness
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 06/19/19