The Hunterdon County Division of Housing is holding a lottery for placement on the Hunterdon County Division of Housing's Housing Choice Voucher waiting list
Income Limits: to qualify for the Housing Choice Voucher Program, gross annual income cannot exceed the following amounts for the applicable household size:
(1) person: $37,800
(2) people: $43,200
(3) people: $48,600
(4) people: $53,950
(5) people: $58,300
(6) people: $62,600
- 06/11/2018-06/29/2018-Lottery Registration Forms are available in person weekdays, 8:30 AM-1:00 PM
- 06/29/2018-Last day for completed Lottery Registration Forms to be received at Div. of Housing
- 07/16/2018-Computer lottery drawing is held (you do NOT need to be present at the drawing)
- 08/03/2018-Notification letters are mailed
Placement on this waiting list is NOT first come, first served.
- There is no need to be first to register for the lottery since everyone who registers by the deadline will have an equal chance of being first on the list.
- Each household is limited to one Lottery Registration Form (requests for multiple forms will not be honored)
- All households who complete the required Lottery Registration Form and return it by the deadline will be entered into an electronic lottery system.
- A computer will randomly select 500 Lottery Registrants and will randomly assign them a position on the Hunterdon County Housing Choice Voucher waiting list.
- Lottery Registration Forms will be available from Monday, June 11, 2018 through Friday, June 29, 2018 from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- Completed Lottery Registration Forms MUST be received by the Hunterdon County Division of Housing by 4:30 PM on Friday, June 29, 2018.
- Only one Lottery Registration Form will be accepted per household.
- Photocopied or otherwise duplicated Lottery Registration Forms will not be accepted.
- Incomplete Lottery Registration Forms will not be processed.
- Lottery Registration Forms are available in person at the Hunterdon County Division of Housing 8:30 am to 1:00 pm Monday June 11th, 2018 through Friday June 29th, 2018
Division of Housing – Mailing Address
PO Box 2900
Flemington NJ 08822
Division of Housing- Physical Address
8 Gauntt Place
Community Services Annex, Bldg. 3
Flemington NJ 08822
IMPORTANT: Placement on the waiting list does not guarantee eligibility for the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Eligibility for the Housing Choice Voucher Program will be determined when the household reaches the top of the waiting list.
IMPORTANT NOTICE to households who do not currently have a permanent residence in Hunterdon County: Hunterdon County residents, individuals employed in Hunterdon County, or those who recently accepted employment in Hunterdon County are given priority. This Housing Choice Voucher Program rental assistance is for Hunterdon County rental units.
It is the policy of Hunterdon County to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities with advance notification of need. Without advance notice, it may not be possible to provide the reasonable accommodation. If you are a person with a disability and require a specific accommodation to fully utilize our program/or services, please contact the office at (908) 788-1336 and ask for Jennifer Shore, Director. It is the policy of Hunterdon County Division of Housing to fully comply with all Federal, State and local nondiscrimination laws and the rules and regulations governing Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity in housing and employment.
View flyer for details!